Elegance and simplicity. A gorgeous five bedroom family home located within the stunning Vale countryside. The property boasts an Entrance hall, sitting room, study, kitchen, lounge and dining areas, a dedicated utility area and double garage. Master bedroom with ensuite, three further double bedrooms; one single bedroom and two bathroom suites. Established gardens; ample off road parking Stables, equine facilities and land.
SUMMARY Elegance and simplicity. This gorgeous five bedroom family home located within the stunning Vale countryside offers plenty of living space with stunning views of the surrounding area. The property boasts an Entrance hall, sitting room, study, kitchen, lounge and dining areas, a dedicated utility area and double garage. Master bedroom suite with ensuite, three further double bedrooms; one single bedroom and two bathroom suites. Wonderfully established gardens to the front and side; ample off road parking, Stables, equine facilities and land.
SITUATION The popular Village of Ystradowen is only a few minutes drive from the Historic Market Town of Cowbridge. Commuting to Cardiff, Bridgend and Llantrisant is easy with access to the M4 Motorway at Junction 34 some 5 miles away. The Village of Ystradowen falls within the School catchment area of the well regarded Cowbridge Secondary School and Primary schooling is available at the Llansannor "Mountain School". There is a local pre-School playgroup held in the Village Hall and the Village also enjoys a public house and a Church together with a garage / petrol station with a small shop. The Market Town of Cowbridge provides an excellent range of shops and services to suit all needs and leisure activities are well catered for in the leisure centre, tennis club, squash club, cricket and rugby clubs. The Heritage Coastline is a short distance away and there are numerous high standard golf courses within the area. The Capital City of Cardiff includes a comprehensive range of retail and commercial facilities, theatres, etc., and a main-line rail connection to London in around two hours.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * A Gated and secure entrance leads onto a lengthy and well maintained driveway with lights.
* An extended family home with views over the surround area.
* Entrance hallway with stairs to first floor and access into the family lounge and also to the study with kitchen and breakfast room beyond; one further door opens into the living room and dining room
* The dining room positioned to the rear of the property, housing double doors opening to a sheltered, private west facing courtyard
* Living area with wood burner recessed within a chimney breast; this multi-use area is open plan to the dining area
* Wonderfully designed kitchen with a good range of store units and island, the kitchen extends to form a breakfast area.
* A utility room, adjoining the kitchen, provides considerable extra storage with space / plumbing for a washing machine, with an additional W/C.
* Integral double garage with electric up and over door
* Central landing area with sky light over providing natural illumination
* Generous master bedroom looking over the gardens onto farmland, with an ensuite.
* Three further double bedrooms, the second largest also having stunning views over farmland to the rear.
* A fifth bedroom serving as a nursery.
* Family bathroom with bath and shower over bath, and a further Shower suite.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * Well maintained and established lawns located to the front and side of the property.
* Designated and established vegetable growing area with Greenhouse, an additional vegetable area is located at the bottom of the garden.
* Extensive stone walling and paths provide access to spacious patio areas located to all sides of the property.
* From the driveway, access to the stables, consisting of three stables, a foaling box, a tac room and a hay store.
* Ménage located off the winter paddock and accessed off the field.
* As a whole, The Cottage sits in circa 6 acres of grazing land set as 4 fields, with two field shelters.
TENURE AND SERVICES Freehold. Mains water and electrics connect to the property. Oil fired central heating. Sceptic Tank drainage.
DIRECTIONS From our Cowbridge office travel in an Easterly direction up the High Street to the traffic lights, turn left towards Aberthin and continue through the village and on into Ystradowen. On entering Ystradowen, take the left hand turning just before the Tudor Garage Petrol Station, following the road for 0.5 miles and take the second left turning. Follow the lane for a further 0.6 miles, the property is located on the right.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.