Handsome, 4 bed family home located within this popular west Vale village With period and bespoke features, it includes: lounge, living room, kitchen-dining room and ground floor bathroom. Four bedrooms and shower room to first floor. Parking and garage space. South-west facing garden to rear. EPC rating: D60
SUMMARY Handsome, 4 bedroom family home located within this popular west Vale village and bordered by farmland. With a range of period and bespoke features, the accommodation includes: lounge, living room, kitchen-dining room and ground floor bathroom. Four bedrooms and shower room to the first floor. Ample parking and garage space. South-west facing terrace and lawned garden to rear.
SITUATION St Brides Major is a picturesque Village situated to the western side of the Vale of Glamorgan. The Village has a general store, a popular public house, Church, a well regarded junior school, Village pond and playing field. St Brides Major is in the catchment area for Cowbridge Comprehensive School. The Heritage Coast conservation area has popular surfing and beaches at Ogmore-by-Sea and Southerndown which are within a five minute drive. Many country walks are available in the area. Bridgend Town Centre and the M4 Motorway at Pencoed are both a 10 minute drive away.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * Fantastic village house, dating from the 1920's but extended and modernised in recent years and retaining much character
* Hallway with stunning bespoke stained glass window and encaustic tiled flooring
* Lounge with square bay window, beautiful woodblock flooring and hand crafted fire surround
* Central family living room with fireplace and adjacent fitted shelves and feature lead-light window.
* Kitchen-dining room, running the width of the rear of the property and with windows looking towards the village pond and double doors opening to south-west facing terrace
* Appliances, where fitted are to remain and include oven, hob, fridge and freezer; space and plumbing / venting for a wash and a drier
* Ground floor, traditionally styled bathroom
* Generous master bedroom running the width of the property with fine views over village pond, garden and surrounding countryside
* Second large double bedroom; third bedroom with fitted wardrobes; fourth single bedroom all having use of a shower room
* Very useable attic room (approx max 8.1m x 3.8m) with Velux windows and store (approx 4m x 3.8m) accessed via a pull-down ladder
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * Driveway parking for up to 5 cars leading to a long garage space
* Garage of corrugated iron of approx. max 7.2m x 2.6m
* South-west facing, long rear garden backing onto a paddock with Heritage Coast / farmland beyond
* Garden accessed from the kitchen-dining room and, from driveway, via a wooden side gate
* Sheltered patio area opening to a much larger lawn, bordered by stone walling to three sides
* Timber summer house (approx. 3m x 2m) to remain
TENURE AND SERVICES Freehold. All mains services connect to the property. Gas-fired 'combi' central heating.
DIRECTIONS Drive South from Bridgend on the B4265 through Ewenny and on into St Brides Major. Continue through the village, passing the Village Store and the turning into Southerndown Road. Wellfield will be to your right after this junction and immediately before 'the Pond'.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.