A sizeable, 4 bed family home with south-west facing garden having considerable scope to extend and improve. Living room, study, kitchen with dining area. Also utility room and cloakroom. Two bedrooms en suite. Ample parking and double garage with planning. Large south-west facing garden. EPC rating:
SUMMARY A sizeable, unique family home with south-west facing garden in this very popular west Vale village with considerable scope to extend and improve. Spacious accommodation includes: hallway, living room opening to patio and garden, study, kitchen with garden room dining area. Also utility room and cloakroom. Master bedroom with en suite, second en suite guest bedroom, two further bedrooms and bathroom.
SITUATION St Brides Major is a picturesque Village situated to the western side of the Vale of Glamorgan. The Village has a general store, a popular public house, Church, a well regarded junior school, Village pond and playing field. St Brides Major is in the catchment area for Cowbridge Comprehensive School. The Heritage Coast conservation area has popular surfing and beaches at Ogmore-by-Sea and Southerndown which are within a five minute drive. Many country walks are available in the area. Bridgend Town Centre and the M4 Motorway at Pencoed are both a 10 minute drive away.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * Generous, detached family home set in a large plot with west facing, sheltered rear garden
* Considerable potential to improve and extend (subject to appropriate consents)
* With Planning Permission to convert garage into an annex
* Entrance porch opening into hallway from which doors lead into all the principle reception rooms.
* Ground floor cloakroom / WC
* Study / playroom looking to the front and side elevations
* Generous family lounge with window looking over front garden and driveway and doors opening to a paved terrace with garden beyond
* Kitchen area fitted with a good range of units and opening directly onto a garden room dining area
* Garden room positioned to enjoy a south-westerly aspect looking out over, and opening to, the garden
* Utility room adjacent to kitchen
* Landing area with doors leading to all bedrooms and to family bathroom
* Master bedroom with en suite bathroom
* Second, en suite guest bedroom
* The two largest bedrooms are both to the rear of the property and look out over garden towards the Heritage Coast
* Third double bedroom with fitted wardrobes
* Fourth single bedroom
* Family bathroom
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * Broad pull-in from Wick Road through gated entrance on to generous driveway parking / turning area
* Detached double garage (approx. max 5.6m x 5.6m) accessed via twin, side hinged timber doors. Power connected; eaves storage
* Planning permission granted (2009/01280/FUL and 2015/00771/FUL) for conversion of garage into an annex
* Deep paths to both sides of the property skirt around the house to the rear garden
* South west facing garden to the rear of the property, catching the afternoon and evening sun
* Large, paved patio seating area accessed from the kitchen-dining room and lounge
* Steps lead down to a considerable larger lawn including a number of maturing trees and a pond
* Rear garden is bordered to three sides by fencing, walling or hedging and offers a great degree of privacy
TENURE Freehold. All mains services connect to the property. Gas-fired central heating.
DIRECTIONS Drive South from Bridgend on the B4265 through Ewenny and on into St Brides Major. Continue through the village, passing the Village Store and the turning into Southerndown Road. Vicarage Lawns will be to your right shortly after this junction, next door to the old Vicarage and before you reach 'the Pond'.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.