A detached, characterful home within its own grounds and with simply stunning gardens. Extensive, adaptable accommodation includes: two living rooms, kitchen-breakfast room, dining room and conservatory. Also cloakroom and utility room. Master bedroom en suite, four further bedrooms, one en suite, bathroom. Double garage, outbuildings. Gardens enjoying a sunny, southerly aspect.
SUMMARY In an elevated position within this much sought after Village, a detached, characterful home within its own grounds and with simply stunning gardens. Extensive, adaptable accommodation includes: two living rooms, kitchen-breakfast room, dining room and conservatory. Also cloakroom and utility room. Master bedroom with en suite shower room and walk-in wardrobe, four further bedrooms, one of which is en suite, bathroom. Integral double garage, outbuildings including former dairy and stables. Award winning, private gardens to the rear enjoying a sunny, southerly aspect.
SITUATION The Village of Pentyrch comprises a mix of period houses and cottages together with more modern properties and is situated to the north west of Cardiff, to which it has convenient access. There are several local Village Shops including Grocers, Newsagents and Post Office, plus Pentyrch Primary School and Creigiau Welsh Primary School. Cardiff provides all the amenities of a Capital City, as well as communication links including a main line railway connection to London Paddington in around 2 hours.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * Characterful family home within Pentyrch and close to all the village amenities
* Understood to date from the early 19th Century
* Thoughtfully extended and modernised in recent years yet retaining much character
* Adaptable accommodation offering a great degree of flexibility
* Entrance hallway with steps leading past cloakroom and utility room into the principal accommodation
* Family lounge with exposed stone chimney breast and gas fire within; double doors open to south facing terrace
* Dining room and sitting area, both opening to the same terrace and enjoying views over the garden
* Stunning, large kitchen-breakfast room with a great selection of units and granite-topped units with matching central island; appliances to remain including range cooker and integrated dishwasher and fridge to remain
* Westerly-facing conservatory with under floor heating and store room off (with original bread oven and slate cold shelf)
* Utility room with Corian worktops and an adjacent WC.
* To the first floor: four bedrooms (two en suite) and family bathroom
* Master bedroom with cleverly concealed en suite shower room and walk-in wardrobe
* The three largest bedrooms all look in a southerly aspect over gardens and Pentyrch and, to far distance, onto the Bristol Channel
* Fifth bedroom / study located close to entrance hallway
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * A truly delightful garden, having been open to the public on occasions for Charity
* Set within a south-facing plot of just over 1/4 of an acre
* Accessed from Heol Goch into an integral double garage via an 'up and over' door.
* Conservatory opening into a courtyard garden which, in turn, has wrought iron gates to a driveway / path running to the western side of the property
* Courtyard garden was formerly stable yard and off which are two useful stables / store rooms
* South facing sun terrace with Verandah enjoying wonderful views out over the gardens
* Steps down through a well-tended rose bed to a lawn, beyond which are further 'garden rooms'
* Large Koi Carp pond with timber Monet-esque bridge over
* Vegetable garden with raised beds.
TENURE AND SERVICES Freehold. All mains services connect to the property. Gas-fired 'combi' central heating. Solar panels supplement mains electric supply.
DIRECTIONS Travelling along the A4119 (Llantrisant Road) from Cardiff (Llandaff) towards Groesfaen / Creigiau, take the right hand turning signposted for Pentyrch. Follow this road for approximately 1 mile. Continue along the main thoroughfare through the village passing the primary school and, at the top of the hill, bear right. Almost opposite the local shops, turn into 'Heol Goch' (to the left side of 'Acapella Studios') to find Sunnybank to your right after a further 200 yards, next to the War Memorial and childrens play park.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.