An exemplary, characterful family home set on a large plot within the heart of the rural Vale. Hall, lounge, study area and kitchen-living-dining room. Master bedroom en suite, three further double bedrooms and bathroom. Extensive gardens and grounds of about 1 acre. Double garage; parking. EPC rating: C70
SUMMARY An exemplary family home set on a large plot bordered by woodland and within the heart of the rural Vale. Blending character features with all mod cons, it includes: entrance hall, lounge, study area and kitchen-living-dining room opening to a flagstone paved patio. Master bedroom with en suite shower room, three further double bedrooms and bathroom. Extensive gardens and grounds including paved patio seating area, lawns, detached, double garage and ample parking.
SITUATION To the heart of the rural vale, Duffryn is a hamlet of houses to the south of St Nicholas and surrounding 'Dyffryn Gardens', a National Trust-operated . It's closest neighbour is Wenvoe Village - about 1.5 miles away - which includes a Church, primary school, village post office and store, three public houses with dining facilities and a golf club. Wenvoe is within approximately 1 miles from Culverhouse Cross where an excellent road network radiates from a roundabout on the western fringe of the City of Cardiff and provides access to Junction 33 of the M4 Motorway for commuting further afield. Culverhouse Cross includes a range of national retail outlets including Marks & Spencer, Tesco, Homebase and B & Q. There is a main intercity train service available at Cardiff with London/Paddington, reached in around two hours.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * An exemplary family home set on a large plot bordered by woodland and within the heart of the rural Vale
* Blending character features with all modern conveniences one would expect of a home of this calibre
* Entrance hall with cloaks storage cupboard. Stone flooring extends from here throughout the ground floor
* Large family lounge with contemporary Contura wood burner and ample seating space
* Adjacent, multi purpose study / sitting area linking in to the kitchen-living-dining space
* Wonderful kitchen area open plan to a spacious seating and dining area, position to look out over, and with doors leading to, the flagstone paved patio and garden with woodland beyond
* Bespoke 'Adam Elliot' kitchen with SMEG integrated appliances, all to remain
* Adjacent cloakroom / wc
* Central landing area with doors to all bedrooms and to family bathroom
* Master bedroom with Juliet balcony looking over rear garden
* Contemporary en suite shower room
* Three further double bedrooms
* Family bathroom with luxurious fittings
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * Set within landscaped gardens and grounds understood to be of about 1 acre in total
* Accessed from the Duffryn to St Lythans lane via a deep pull-in through electric gates
* Very generous block paved parking and turning area
* Detached, double garage (approx. max 6.1m x 6.1m) with power and water connected and entered via an electric roller door
* Extensive, landscaped gardens bordered to one side by woodlands and to another by open farmland
* Flagstone paved patio seating area overlooked by, and accessed from, the kitchen-living-dining space
* Paving extends onto lawns interspersed with wild flower beds and mature trees
* Wonderful views onto woodland.
TENURE AND SERVICES Freehold. Mains electric and water connect to the property. Oil-fired central heating. Cess pit drainage.
DIRECTIONS From our office in Cowbridge Town Centre, travel in an easterly direction along the A48 towards Cardiff. Travel through the village of Bonvilston and into St Nicholas. At the centre of the village, bear right at the traffic lights into Duffryn Lane. Follow this road for its length, passing the entrance to Duffryn Gardens, taking a left turning at its end, towards St Lythans. Canoldir will be to your left after a few hundred metres.
If approaching from Culverhouse Cross, follow the A4050 in a southerly direction initially signposted towards Barry/Cardiff Airport. At the first roundabout after the retail park turn right at the roundabout signposted St Lythans/Twyn Ty Odyn. Past The Beech Tree Inn and continue on up the hill along St Lythans Road, through the hamlet of Twyn Yr Odyn and through the hamlet of St Lythans. Canoldir will be to your right, a short distance beyond the village.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.