Set within about 40 acres of own gardens, grounds and farmland and with unrivalled views, an outstanding, private home thoughtfully reconfigured and thoroughly modernised in recent years to create the family home it is today. Exceptional accommodation includes three very generous reception rooms, a garden room, study, kitchen-breakfast room, utility area and cloakroom. Five bedrooms, four bath / shower rooms. Additional outbuildings including a leisure suite (possible annex), tennis court, garaging, 5-bay stable block and outdoor school.
SUMMARY Set within about 40 acres of own gardens, grounds and farmland and with unrivalled views, an outstanding, private home thoughtfully reconfigured and thoroughly modernised in recent years to create the family home it is today. Exceptional accommodation includes three very generous reception rooms, a garden room, study, kitchen-breakfast room, utility area and cloakroom. Five bedrooms, four bath / shower rooms. Additional outbuildings including a leisure suite (possible annex), tennis court, garaging, 5-bay stable block and outdoor school.
SITUATION The Village of Welsh St. Donats is positioned within gently rolling countryside and includes St. Dunwyd's Church - parts of which date back to the 15th century and a Village Hall, with regular community social events. Convenient to the Vale of Glamorgan Country Club. To the east of the Village, Hensol Forest, provides the facility for very pleasant walks and horse riding. The neighbouring Village of Pendoylan includes a public house / restaurant and a well regarded Primary School. The nearby Historic Market Town of Cowbridge has a range of quality individual shops and services including Health Centre, Leisure Centre, various sporting clubs, Public Library and Old Hall Community Centre. There are also local Primary schooling at Pendoylan and Secondary Schools well regarded in Cowbridge. Access both east and west is via the A48 which by-passes the Town. The City of Cardiff, which has the usual amenities of a Capital City, lies some 13 miles to the east with a main line rail connection to London in around two hours. The M4 motorway lies to the north of Cowbridge and junctions 33, 34 and 35 service "The Vale". There are several golf courses within the area and the Heritage Coast with its cliff top walks and mixture of sandy and stony beaches lies to the south and west.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * An exemplary home in the most stunning of settings, surrounded by farmland and enjoying panoramic views over the Vale
* Comprehensively remodelled and refurbished in recent years, it offers an elegantly understated family home in a rural setting yet within easy reach of Cowbridge, Cardiff and the M4
* Extremely spacious and adaptable accommodation is immaculately presented and has been finished to an extremely high standard
* It features three large reception rooms - including a cinema room with projector and surround sound system - a study, garden room and kitchen-breakfast room with utility room and boot room beyond.
* Master bedroom suite with own dressing room and en suite bath / shower room
* Four further double bedrooms, two luxurious bathrooms and an additional shower room
* All bedrooms enjoy panoramic views over gardens and grounds, either to the north or south of the property
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * Security controlled, gated entrance from the 'Hensol' lane opens on to a sweeping driveway through own lawned gardens
* Ample parking provision to both the front and rear of the property for a good number of vehicles
* L-shaped timber stable block with 5 bays and an open hay store.
* A path from the stables leads to an outdoor School (about 45m x 25m) topped with sand and fibre
* Motorized horse walker, available by separate negotiation
* Double garage (approx. 7.4m x 6.3m) adjoining the leisure suite accessed via twin 'up and over' doors.
* Separate, second double garage (approx max 7.9m x 7m) again entered via twin remote controlled up and over doors.
* Simply stunning panoramic views over own pond and paddocks in a northerly direction
* Additional surrounding farmland, in total around 40 acres.
LEISURE SUITE * A self contained, converted barn currently configured to provide a range of leisure opportunities
* Potential to create a separate annex (subject to any appropriate consents)
* Bar area, open to pitch of the roof with exposed stonework and beams
* Snooker room large enough to accommodate a full-sized snooker table
* Home Gym with 'Power Sport' multi-gym equipment
* Ancillary area with shower cubicle, two WC and changing area
* Adjoining double garage and a store / tack room
* Tarmac-topped, fenced Tennis Court within the grounds close to the house
TENURE AND SERVICES Freehold. Mains electric and water connect to the property. Cess pit drainage. Oil-fired central heating.
Separate, oil-fired central system for the Entertainment Suite.
DIRECTIONS From our Cowbridge office, travel in an easterly direction along High Street to the traffic lights. Turn left onto A4222 Aberthin Road. Drive through the village of Aberthin and, after approximately half a mile further on, take the right hand turn sign-posted Welsh St. Donats. Continue along this country lane and on entering the village, take the second left hand turning into Heol y Mynydd. Follow this road for about 150 yards and, bear left (straight ahead), signposted towards Ystradowen. At the end of the road, bear left for 400 yards then turn right at the turning, towards Hensol. The driveway turning into Llwynddu will be to your left after about 500 yards. The property is accessed via a security controlled, gated entrance.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.