Set within a stunning plot of about 0.8 of an acre, a unique, detached family home offering amazing views over sizeable gardens onto picturesque farmland. Highly flexible living and bedroom accommodation comprising: 5 reception rooms, five bedrooms, three bathroom (two en suite). Double garage and parking. EPC rating: TBC
SUMMARY Set within a stunning plot of about 0.8 of an acre, Trecastan offers amazing views over sizeable gardens on picturesque farmland. With close to 3200 sq ft of accommodation, it offers a great degree of flexibility and currently includes: lounge, galleried dining hall and sitting room, all with wood burners; kitchen-breakfast room and utility room; study and a large games room. To the first floor: 4 bedrooms, one en suite and bathroom. A fifth, en suite bedroom could be used as an annex. Double garage and ample parking. Extensive gardens, bordered to the rear by open farmland.
SITUATION The Village of Peterston-Super-Ely lies some three and a half miles north of the A48 midway between Bonvilston and St Nicholas. The Village includes a Church, two Public Houses and a Village Shop, together with a local Primary School - a feeder School for Cowbridge Comprehensive School. Community activity within the Village is quite extensive and there are further facilities available in the Market Town of Cowbridge which is approximately 8 miles to the west with a modern leisure centre and quality shops and restaurants etc. The Capital City of Cardiff lies approximately 6 miles to the east with comprehensive retail and commercial facilities, Theatres and Concert Halls, in addition to a main line link to London in around two hours. The Village is also convenient for commuting, being a short drive to the M4 interchange at Miskin Junction 34.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * A unique family home set within an outstanding plot, looking out over unspoilt fields and farmland
* Highly adaptable, flexible accommodation for families and extend families
* Porch leads into a galleried dining hall from which all principle rooms are accessed
* Lounge with wood burner opening to west facing patio looking out over gardens towards fields
* Kitchen-breakfast room enjoying the same aspect
* Study and two additional very large reception rooms
* Staircase access from one of these reception rooms to a fifth, en suite bedroom (possible annex)
* Also two cloakrooms and a utility room
* To the first floor: galleried landing looking back over the dining hall
* Master bedroom with en suite shower room
* Three further bedrooms (one of restricted headroom in places)
* Family bathroom with bath and shower
* The three largest bedrooms enjoy the wonderful views over gardens onto farmland
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * Set within an plot of about 0.8 of an acre, bordered to one side by open fields
* Driveway parking and turning area
* Detached garage (approx. max 5.7m x 5m) accessed via twin roller shutter doors. It has an adjoining WC and a stable / store area.
* Landscaped gardens to three sides featuring distinctive, thoughtfully planted 'garden rooms'
* Largest area garden overlooked by a paved patio with a westerly aspect
* Italianate garden of central lawn with paved surround and climbers draped along an arched colonnade.
* A pavilion looks out over the Italian garden. This garden was previously a swimming pool and could be re-instated if wished.
TENURE AND SERVICES Freehold. All mains services connect to the property. Gas-fired central heating. Solar panels provide supplementary electric for the property and a feed-in tariff.
DIRECTIONS From our Cowbridge office travel in an easterly direction towards Cardiff and connecting up with the A48. Proceed along the A48 and through the village of Bonvilston. Take a left hand turn at a small dual-carriageway section marked for Peterston-Super-Ely. Follow this country lane and before the River Ely Bridge, turn right into Wyndham Park. Proceed the full length of Main Avenue and bear right - just as the road continues - into the driveway that leads to Trecastan.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.