A characterful cottage thoughtfully and thoroughly modernised. Lounge, second sitting room, study / workroom and kitchen-breakfast room. Also cloakroom and utility room. Master bedroom en suite; three further bedrooms and bathroom. Enclosed forecourt garden; south facing garden to rear. Ample parking. EPC rating:
SUMMARY A characterful cottage understood to date from 1860's thoughtfully and thoroughly modernised and extended to create the family home it is today. Lounge with woodburner, second sitting room, study / workroom and kitchen-breakfast room. Also cloakroom and utility room. Master bedroom with en suite shower room, three further double bedrooms and bathroom with bath and shower. Sheltered, enclosed forecourt garden and south facing garden to rear with lawn and paved seating areas looking out over open farmland.
SITUATION The Village of Brynsdaler is situated just beyond the northern boundary of the Vale of Glamorgan, between the Town of Cowbridge and adjoining the Village of Pontyclun. Access to main routes both east and west can be gained via the M4 motorway at Junction 34 or the A48 at Cowbridge. The important Commercial Centres of Cardiff, Bridgend and Swansea are all within convenient commuting distance. There are main-line rail services at Cardiff and Bridgend with an International Airport at Rhoose, near Barry. The local Village of Pontyclun includes good everyday shopping facilities, with more comprehensive retail and commercial outlets being available at Llantrisant, where out-of-town stores include Leekes and Arthur Llewellyn Jenkins. The Market Town of Cowbridge offers an excellent range of quality shops, restaurants and public houses, a leisure centre, various sporting clubs and well regarded schools. The heritage coastline lies to the south west, with its beautiful cliff top walks and mixture of sandy and stony beaches.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * A characterful cottage property, midway between Brynsadler and Llanharry and conveniently located for access to Cowbridge and Pontyclun
* Understood to date from the 1860's, these two cottages have been thoughtfully and thoroughly adapted and extended in recent years to create a superb family home
* Entrance porch with cloakroom and separate WC
* Oak flooring runs through from the lounge into the kitchen, the sitting room and into the study
* Lounge with woodburner resting on a flagstone hearth with double doors opening to the south-facing rear garden
* Second sitting room, with feature fire place (possible to re-instate) and door into the rear garden
* Further doors open into a study / workroom and into a very useful utility room with additional storage and space / plumbing for washing machine
* Lovely, dual aspect kitchen-breakfast room with window looking over the front, courtyard garden and a window and adjacent door looking over, and opening to, the south facing rear garden. Cream-painted, freestanding solid wooden kitchen furniture to remain including sink unit, dresser and central island. Space for range cooker; plumbing for dishwasher
* Central landing area with doors to all four double bedrooms and to the family bathroom
* Dual aspect master bedroom looking to the front and, to the south, over the rear garden onto farmland
* Master bedroom with own en suite shower room
* All four bedrooms have exposed pine floorboards
* Family bathroom with bath and separate shower cubicle
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * Generous parking area accessed from lane through Castell y Mwnws
* Gated entrance leads into a forecourt garden fronting the property offering a wonderfully sheltered seating area including lawn and flint-chipped seating areas
* Paths to both sides lead into the rear garden
* South facing garden to rear featuring large paved seating area and lawn
* Space marked out for a conservatory
* Beyond the rear boundary is open farmland
TENURE AND SERVICES Freehold. All mains services connect to the property. Gas-fired central heating. Under floor heating throughout the ground floor.
DIRECTIONS From our Cowbridge office, travel in an easterly direction along High Street to the traffic lights. Turn left at onto A 4222 Aberthin Road and continue through the village of Ystradowen and on towards Pontyclun. On entering Talygarn, continue over the motorway bridge and turn left, just before entering Brynsadler, onto the road that leads to Llanharry. Castell Mwnws is a hamlet of close to a dozen houses to your left after about three quarters of a mile.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.