A Grade II listed farmhouse requiring updating but offering a great opportunity to acquire a home full of character in a stunning location with adjoining paddocks, in total 3.8 acres. The accommodation currently includes: three reception rooms, kitchen, four bedrooms, bathroom and shower room to ground floor. South facing, lawned garden to front; parking area and garage to rear.
SUMMARY A Grade II listed farmhouse requiring updating but offering a great opportunity to acquire an historic home in a stunning location with adjoining land, in total 3.8 acres. The accommodation currently includes: three reception rooms, kitchen, four bedrooms, bathroom and shower room to ground floor. South facing, lawned garden to front; parking area and garage to rear.
SITUATION Lower Monkton Farm is conveniently positioned for anyone wanting to be near the Welsh coastline. The beaches at Southerndown (4.7 miles) and Ogmore (6.1 miles) can both be reached in less than 15 minutes, and there are coastal walks even closer at Nash Point (2.5 miles) and Monknash beach (1.6 miles). The renown Plough and Harrow public house is within walking distance, and the local shops and amenities in the village of Wick (0.9 miles) including a primary school, post office, two public houses and village green are within a 2-minute drive. The town of Llantwit Major is also nearby (3.8 miles) and the historic market town of Cowbridge (6.7 miles) can be reached in 15 minutes. The town of Bridgend (6.6 miles away) offers comprehensive commercial, retail and leisure amenities and has a main line railway station providing direct access to Cardiff and London. The City of Cardiff is also within reach via the A48 road or the M4 motorway (junction 35) at Pencoed, which also provides access to other major commercial centres in the region.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * A Grade II listed farmhouse to the western Vale requiring updating
* Offering a great opportunity to acquire a home of immense character in a stunning location
* Entrance porch
* Lounge with flagstone floor, carved stone fire surround and chimney breast flanked by two broad recesses
* Dining room with brickwork surrounding an open fire; shower room off.
* Inner hallway from which doors lead to the dining room, a sitting room and to the kitchen; staircase to the first floor
* Second sitting room, to the rear of the property, including a deep fireplace within an exposed stone chimney breast. Ladder-style steps leads to the fourth bedroom
* Dual aspect kitchen looking over the front garden and to a rear, paved courtyard area
* Four bedrooms and bathroom to the first floor, two of which are especially large
* Fourth bedroom separately accessed via ladder steps from sitting room
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * Wonderful, rural location yet within a few hundred yards of the hamlet of Broughton
* Accessed from roadway via a lane owned by Lower Monkton Farm; the neighbouring barn has a right of access over a portion of this
* Large parking area to the rear of the property
* Detached, block-built garage (approx. 6m x 3m; not inspected internally)
* Generous south facing garden fronting the property, mainly laid to lawn and including a vegetable bed
* Approximately 2.9 acres of level pasture land with potential considered for agricultural, equestrian and amenity uses set within a number of enclosures
* The land appears to be stockproof with water troughs available but currently appear to be disconnected
* One timber stable box available for equestrian uses
TENURE AND SERVICES Freehold. Mains electric and water connect to the property. Oil-fired central heating. Cess pit drainage (to be confirmed)
DIRECTIONS From the Village of Wick - located on the B4265 coast road between the towns of Llantwit Major and Bridgend - turn at the Lamb and Flag public house. Pass the Church and turn left onto West Street towards Broughton, turning left at the very end, as if away from Broughton. Turn left after 300 yards into the driveway signposted 'Lower Monkton', continue past Lower Monkton Barn to the parking area to the rear of the farmhouse.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.