A sizeable family home looking out over farmland. Lounge, dining room, family room, kitchen-breakfast room. Also games room, utility room and cloakroom. Master bedroom en suite, three further bedrooms and bathroom. Parking and double garage. West facing garden to the rear. EPC rating: D59
SUMMARY A sizeable, detached family home in an elevated position to the edge of this village and looking our over fields and farmland. Dual aspect lounge, dining room, family room, kitchen-breakfast room. Also large games room, utility room and ground floor cloakroom. Master bedroom with en suite shower room, three further bedrooms and contemporary bathroom. Driveway parking and double garage. Large, west facing garden to the rear including lawn and paved patio.
SITUATION Sigingstone is an attractive and popular small village comprising a mixture of old and new properties grouped around the village pub. The Market Town of Cowbridge is just a few minutes drive away and provides extensive facilities including schooling of excellent reputation, a health centre, sporting and recreational facilities including leisure centre, cricket club, squash club, bowls club, tennis club etc. Sigingstone is situated very much in the heart of the Vale of Glamorgan and is surrounded by some delightful countryside yet is still within easy commuting distance of major centres such as the Capital City of Cardiff and Bridgend.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * A sizeable, detached family home of close to 3000 sq ft in an elevated position within this popular village
* Looking out over the village, to one direction, and to the rear in a westerly direction over open farmland
* Entrance hallway with cloakroom and doors leading to all reception rooms
* Lounge with open fire and windows to both the front and rear elevations
* Second, family sitting room looking out over the rear garden
* Dining room looking to the front elevation
* Modern fitted kitchen with a good range of units and ample space for a family-sized dining table
* Appliances, where fitted, are to remain and include: double oven, hob and fully integrated fridge, freezer and dishwasher
* A utility room has additional storage and space / plumbing for a washing machine
* Utility room links to a rear lobby area from which there is access to the garden; to the games room; and to the front driveway
* Very spacious, multi-purpose games room, ideal for the family; for a home office; for consulting rooms; or for a granny annexe
* Light landing area with doors to all four double bedrooms, to the family bathroom, to a store cupboard and to an airing cupboard.
* Large, dual aspect master bedroom with window to front looking over the village and a broad window, with window seat, looking west over the rear garden and over farmland beyond
* Fitted wardrobes to remain; Contemporary en suite shower room.
* Generous 'wet room' family bathroom with corner bath and broad, walk-in shower cubicle.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * Driveway parking and turning area fronting the property and edged by lawns.
* The driveway from the roadway through the village is owned by 'Crug yr Awel'; three neighbouring properties have rights of access over it and shared maintenance responsibilities.
* Double garage accessed via a remote control, roller shutter door into the garage
* Wonderful, west facing garden to rear including a large, paved seating area accessed from the kitchen-breakfast room
* Steps lead up from here onto a much larger lawn surrounded to three sides by deep, mature flower and shrub beds
* Beyond the rear boundary is farmland
* Solid, block built garden store shed (approx. 2.9m x 2m)
TENURE AND SERVICES Freehold. Mains electric and water connect to the property. Electric heating with 'wet' radiators. Cess pit drainage.
DIRECTIONS From our Cowbridge office, travel along Westgate and take the left hand turn onto Llantwit Major Road. Stay on this road for approximately 2 miles until you reach a 'T-Junction'. Turn left following signs for Llantwit Major and, after a further 1/2 a mile, turn left following the signs for Siginstone. Follow the country road into the village, passing the Victoria Inn and, after a further hundred yards, the private driveway leading to Crug yr Awel will be to your right - shortly before the crossroads to the centre of the village.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.