In a unique location with quite amazing panoramic views over western Cardiff, this handsome, Edwardian double fronted home has been modernised and significantly extended in more recent years. Spacious family accommodation includes: lounge, sitting room, family room, kitchen opening to dining area. Also utility room and WC. To the first floor: master bedroom suite with dressing room and en-suite; second, en-suite bedroom; third bedroom and bathroom. Detached, two storey home office building. Also one bedroom annex. Gardens and grounds; ample parking and car port.
SUMMARY In a unique location with quite amazing panoramic views over western Cardiff, this handsome, Edwardian double fronted home has been modernised and significantly extended in more recent years. The spacious family accommodation includes: lounge, sitting room, family room, kitchen opening to dining area. Also utility room and WC. To the first floor: master bedroom suite includes a dressing room and en-suite bathroom; second, en-suite guest bedroom; third bedroom and family bathroom. Detached, two storey home office building. Also one bedroom annex attached to the main property. Gardens and grounds; ample driveway parking and timber car port area.
SITUATION The village of St Nicholas, which is about 1 mile, is situated between the City of Cardiff and the Historic market town of Cowbridge, and lies on the A48 road which serves The Vale of Glamorgan. St Nicholas has long been regarded as one of the Vale of Glamorgan's most sought after residential areas, amidst gently rolling countryside, yet with convenient access to Cardiff and transport networks. At the nearby Culverhouse Cross there is an out-of-town shopping centre which includes Marks and Spencer, Tesco and other National retail outlets.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * A handsome, double fronted Edwardian home built around 1907.
* Significantly modernised and extended in more recent years and now offering a contemporary family home with an annexe and additional, two storey home offic
* Ground floor, central entrance hallway with period tiled flooring.
* Lounge with shuttered, bay window to front elevation and wood burning stove.
* Second, sitting room also with shuttered, bay window to front and wood burner and bi-folding doors linking through to a family room.
* Kitchen and dining area located to the rear of the property offering a generous space with a particularly good range of bespoke fitted units.
* A 'Range' cooker and an American style fridge/freezer are to remain; there is ample room for a family size dining table.
* Also ground floor utility room with space and plumbing for washing machine and cloakroom off.
* Landing area with doors to all three bedrooms and to family bathroom. A fixed staircase leads to the attic space.
* Master bedroom suite with shuttered, bay window to the front elevation and an open, square arch to a dressing room with a comprehensive range of fitted wardrobes, drawers and storage.
* Beyond this is an en-suite bath/shower room.
* Second, en-suite guest bedroom with its own en-suite shower- and bathroom.
* Third double bedroom to the front of the property with shuttered bay window and from which there are panoramic views over western Cardiff.
* The central landing area opens to a balcony positioned to the centre of the house and from which there are quite stunning views over western Cardiff.
* Considerable attic storage space.
ANNEXE * A one bedroom, ground floor annex adjoining and being incorporated into Hillside
* A stunning kitchen/dining space with contemporary fitted units and solid wooden work tops. Electric oven, hob and fully integrated fridge, freezer and washer-dryer all to remain.
* Located off this kitchen-dining space is a living room; a bedroom with fitted wardrobes; and an en-suite bathroom.
OUTBUILDING * A two storey home office space offering much potential for home working, for business uses or further ancillary accommodation (subject to any appropriate consents).
* Ground floor with open plan office space, storage area, kitchenette and cloakroom.
* Also conservatory space accessed via sliding doors
* To the first floor is a single, large open plan room open to the pitch of the roof.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * Extensive, gardens and grounds including generous ample parking provision.
* A timber car port/garage space is included.
* Adjacent to the garage is a timber gym/summer house currently used as a home gym.
TENURE AND SERVICES Freehold. Mains electric, gas and water connect to the property and annexe. Electric heating to outbuilding. Cesspit drainage.
DIRECTIONS From our office in Cowbridge Town Centre, travel in an easterly direction along the A48 towards Cardiff. Travel through the village of Bonvilston and into St Nicholas. Continue along the A48 out of the village in the direction of Culverhouse Cross. Drive down 'The Tumble' to find the driveway entrance to Hillside to your right, about 150 meters after the Marigold restaurant.
If approaching from Cardiff, take the A48 from Culverhouse cross in a westerly direction towards St Nicholas and Cowbridge. The driveway entrance to Hillside will be to your left, halfway up The Tumble, before you reach the Marigold restaurant.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.