A landmark, grade II listed thatched cottage to the centre of Bonvilston. Offering a wealth of character features, the family accommodation comprises: living-dining room, sitting room / playroom, kitchen-breakfast room, bathroom and laundry room. Master bedroom with dressing room and staircase to a mezzanine attic room; two further bedrooms to the first floor and an additional second floor room. Garden to front, larger garden to rear including lawn, gated parking and garage.
SUMMARY A landmark, grade II listed thatched cottage to the centre of Bonvilston, most conveniently located between Cowbridge and Cardiff. Offering an absolute wealth of character features, it provides adaptable, family accommodation comprising: living room, second sitting room / playroom, kitchen-breakfast room with scullery off. Also ground floor bathroom and laundry room. To the first floor: master bedroom with dressing room / nursery off and staircase to a mezzanine attic room; two further bedrooms and an additional second floor bedroom. Garden area to front, larger garden to rear including lawn, gated parking and garage / gym.
SITUATION The Village of Bonvilston is situated midway between the City of Cardiff and the Historic Market Town of Cowbridge and lies to either side of the A48 road which serves The Vale of Glamorgan. Bonvilston has long been regarded as one of the Vale of Glamorgan's most sought after residential areas, offering, as it does, a combination of individual homes amidst attractive, gently rolling countryside, yet with convenient access to Cardiff and transport networks. The Village itself includes a public house and local shop. At the nearby Culverhouse Cross there is an out-of-town shopping centre which includes Marks and Spencer, Tesco and other national retail outlets.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * A landmark, grade II listed thatched cottage to the centre of Bonvilston
* Most conveniently located between Cowbridge and Cardiff
* Offering an absolute wealth of character features including beamed ceilings, inglenook fireplaces and a stone spiral staircase
* Adaptable, family accommodation
* Living room with ample space for sitting and for dining, divided by a staircase to the first floor
* Second sitting room / study / playroom accessed from living room
* A lovely, generous kitchen-breakfast room with range of country-style bespoke units and range cooker, all to remain.
* To one end of the kitchen is an immense Inglenook fireplace with bread ovens visible and woodburning stove raised within
* Accessed from the kitchen is a scullery area - with additional storage and space for fridge and freezer - beyond which is a rear entrance porch.
* Also ground floor bathroom with bath and shower and large laundry room again with further storage
* Master bedroom to first floor with dressing room / nursery beyond
* A timber staircase leads from the master bedroom to a sizeable multi-purpose room with exposed timbers to the roof
* Two additional bedrooms and a WC are to the first floor.
* The largest of these two includes a great range of oak wardrobes and is accessed via a stone spiral staircase from the kitchen
* Stone spiral staircase continues to a second floor double bedroom again with exposed timbers
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * Fronting the property is a garden area, screened from the roadway by picket fencing and, in part, by mature hedging
* Principle access to the property is from the 'Village Farm' cul de sac, from which a timber, gated entrance opens to a paved parking area from which steps lead to a back entrance way
* Rear garden area is a sheltered space mainly laid to lawn tucked away from the cul de sac behind walling
* Modern garage with up and over door leading in to Village Farm. This up and over door not currently is use: garage space has been use of late as a home gym
* Timber garden store shed and adjacent wood store are both to remain
TENURE AND SERVICES Freehold. All mains services connect to the property. Gas-fired central heating.
DIRECTIONS From our High Street Office proceed in an easterly direction towards Cardiff, along the A48. On reaching the Village of Bonvilston pass the Red Lion Public House and take the next left into Maes Y Ffynnon; and the next left again into Village Farm. Bear left once in this cul de sac, to find Old Village Farmhouse to your left.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.