A delightful, unique property set within a plot of about 1.2 acres to the edges of the Vale of Glamorgan. Spacious accommodation includes sitting room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room and cloakrooms. Master bedroom with en-suite shower room, three further double bedrooms and family bathroom. Extensive gardens and grounds including ample parking, integral double garage and additional grounds running up and bordering the edge of the Ewenny River. EPC rating: E43
SUMMARY A delightful, unique property set within a plot of about 1.2 acres to the edges of the Vale of Glamorgan and within easy reach of the M4 Motorway and local services. Spacious accommodation includes most impressive entrance hallway, sitting room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room and two cloakrooms to the ground floor. Master bedroom with en-suite shower room, three further double bedrooms and family bathroom. Extensive gardens and grounds including ample parking, integral double garage and additional grounds running up and bordering the edge of the Ewenny River.
SITUATION The property is located to the edge of the Vale of Glamorgan. It is an extremely accessible property, being close to M4 Junction 35 and within easy striking distance of local and larger shops and services in Coychurch, Pencoed, Bridgend and Cowbridge.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * Unique family home located to the northern edge of the Vale of Glamorgan bordered, in part, by the Ewenny River.
* Conveniently located within easy reach of M4 Junction 35.
* Porch opening to a most impressive entrance hallway with bespoke oak staircase leading to first floor bedrooms
and solid oak doors leading to the ground floor principle reception rooms.
* Strip maple flooring extends from the hallway into the dining room and to the family sitting room.
* Sitting room running the depth of the property with broad window to the front elevation and sliding doors leading into a
conservatory with garden beyond.
* Period, Victorian veined marble mantelpiece and fire surround with working open fire within.
* Dining room also looking towards the front of the property accessed via the hallway via double width doors. A second,
interconnecting door links to the kitchen.
* Sizeable kitchen/breakfast room with a particularly good run of fitted units and ample space remaining for a dining table.
* Appliances, where fitted, are to remain and include electric hob, double oven, fully integrated dishwasher and fridge.
* Adjacent utility room / rear porchway with doors leading into a second ground floor cloakroom; through to the garage; and also onto
the side garden.
* First floor galleried landing area with doors leading to all four double bedrooms and to the family bathroom.
* Master bedroom with en-suite shower room.
* Three further double bedrooms, all four bedrooms including fitted wardrobes.
* Family bathroom with traditionally styled 'Heritage' bathroom suite with bath and shower over.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * Tan y Lan House set within a plot of about 1.2 acres
* Located to the very edge of the Vale of Glamorgan, bordered by the Ewenny River to the rear
* Sweeping, tarmac-topped driveway leads from roadway to a spacious parking area the front of the property
* Driveway gives access to integral double garage (approx.5.5m x 5.5m).
* Garage is accessed via a double width, electric up and over door whilst a fire door links into the property itself.
* Fronting the property is a sweeping, circular driveway with central lawn and bordered by further grassed areas and specimen
trees including two monkey puzzles.
* Surrounding the property to three sides are garden areas including an area of well tended lawn, a
side garden/vegetable bed with timber store shed, greenhouse and planted herbs.
* Beyond this is an additional meadow area running to the banks of the Ewenny River including a timber Summer House looking back towards the property.
* To the far western part of this is an orchard area with a number of fruiting apple trees
TENURE AND SERVICES Freehold. Mains electricity. Oil fired central heating. Septic tank drainage. The property does include solar panels on the garage which are currently not in use.
DIRECTIONS Leave the M4 at Junction 35 and proceed along A473 towards Bridgend. Continue straight over the first roundabout (Mercedes Benz garage) then take the next left onto a country lane. Travel along this lane, passing water treatment works for approximately 0.4 miles to find the property to appear on your right hand side.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.