A simply fantastic property, comprehensively modernised in recent years. Extensive accommodation includes: lounge opening to balcony with westerly views. Open plan kitchen-living-dining space to the rear of the property. Four double bedrooms, two en-suite, bathroom. Garden to the rear. Parking and garage. EPC rating: D61
SUMMARY A simply fantastic property, comprehensively and thoroughly modernised in recent years. Extensive accommodation includes: lounge with wood burner and opening to balcony with westerly facing views over fields. Wonderful open plan kitchen-living-dining space to the rear of the property opening to a decked seating area. Four double bedrooms, two of which are en-suite, bathroom. Sheltered garden area to the rear. Driveway parking and garage to front.
SITUATION Graig Penllyn is an active, lively community of attractive old and new properties scattered either side of a wooded valley. Local facilities include picturesque playing fields, a children's play park, tennis courts and a popular public house, The Barley Mow. In the neighbouring village of Penllyn there is a public house and village hall. A well regarded primary school is located in the nearby village of Llangan; it is a 'feeder' school for Cowbridge Comprehensive: a School bus takes the children to and from the 'Comp'.
No more than a few minutes drive away, the market town of Cowbridge provides excellent facilities including Waitrose and a wide variety of shops, both national and local, a library, health centre and a range of sport and recreation facilities including squash club, tennis club, cricket club, sports centre, etc. Graig Penllyn is surrounded by some delightful countryside with country pursuits such as golf, riding, etc., all within easy reach. The village is situated very much in the heart of the Vale of Glamorgan and is, therefore, well placed for commuting to all major centres including Cardiff, Bridgend, Llantrisant etc.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * A superb family home, comprehensively and thoroughly modernised within recent years.
* Situated in the pretty, popular village of Graig Penllyn conveniently close to Cowbridge.
* Ground floor entrance hallway with two bedrooms and a bathroom off and stairs leading to the first floor.
* First floor lounge with wood burner to one end and with sliding doors opening onto a patio area from which there are westerly views onto a paddock opposite.
* Two en-suite bedrooms are situated at this level, both having fitted wardrobes and their own en suite shower rooms.
* To the second floor is a wonderful, kitchen-living-dining space running the width of the property with distinct kitchen, dining and seating areas.
* Kitchen is a chic, contemporary space with marble worktops and modern units.
* Appliances, where fitted, to remain and including: induction hob, wine cooler fridge, twin ovens, coffee machine and microwave. Fully integrated fridge, freezer and dishwasher also to remain and included within the selling price.
* Marble worktop extends to incorporate a breakfast bar
* Adjacent dining area with ample room for a family-sized table, beyond which there is significant additional seating space.
* Bi-fold doors open from the living/dining space onto a decked seating area to the rear of the property.
* A utility room with adjacent cloakroom is located off the kitchen.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * Fronting the property is a blue lias stone paved forecourt parking area.
* Access into garage (approx. max 5.15m x 5.05m) is via an electric sectional door.
* Garage houses the oil central heating boiler for the property.
* Steps to one side lead, via a gated entrance, into the rear of the property and into the back garden
* To the rear of the property is a two tiered garden space.
* An initial deck is accessed primarily from the kitchen/living/dining space.
* Further steps lead from here to an additional raised, decked seating area from which there are amazing far reaching views over Graig Penllyn and beyond.
TENURE AND SERVICES Freehold. Mains electric, water and sewerage connect to the property. Oil-fired central heating.
DIRECTIONS From our Cowbridge Office, travel in a westerly direction, and exit the Town on the A48, following signs to Bridgend. After approximately one mile, situated in a dip in the road, take a right hand turn sign-posted for Penllyn. Continue on this road for approximately three miles into Penllyn, passing the Red Fox public house and continuing on in to Graig Penllyn. Stepping Stones will be to your right, shortly before The Barley Mow public house, close to the very heart of the village.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.