A stunning and generous second floor apartment within this magnificent Grade II* listed building within yards of the town of Cowbridge town centre. Spacious, luxury accommodation includes: central dining hall, family lounge, kitchen-breakfast room, master bedroom with en suite bathroom, second double bedroom and shower room. Communal gardens. Allocated, gated parking.
SUMMARY A stunning and generous, second floor apartment within this magnificent Grade II* listed building within yards of the town of Cowbridge town centre. Spacious, luxury accommodation includes: central dining hall, family lounge, kitchen-breakfast room, master bedroom with en suite bathroom, second double bedroom and shower room. Communal gardens. Allocated, gated parking.
SITUATION The Historic Market Town of Cowbridge is at the heart of the rural vale and is famous for its quality, individual shops, boutiques; restaurants, pubs and cafes; and is home to a centrally positioned Waitrose store. Further services include a health centre, leisure centre, various sporting clubs, public library and Old Hall Community Centre. There are also local primary and secondary schools within the town itself. Access both east and west is via the A48, which by-passes the Town. The City of Cardiff which has the usual amenities of a Capital City lies some 13 miles to the east with a main line rail connection to London in around two hours. The M4 motorway lies to the north of Cowbridge and junctions 33, 34 and 35 service "The Vale". There are several golf courses within the area and the heritage coast with its cliff-top walks and mixture of sandy and stony beaches lies to the south and west.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * Apartment 8 The Old Grammar School is situated to the second floor of this magnificent Grade II* listed building, located to the very heart of Cowbridge within the old town walls
* As with the rest of the development, it has been most sympathetically renovated to offer luxurious, spacious accommodation with much period detailing yet with all the modern conveniences required.
* To the heart of the apartment is a central dining hall with large lantern light over providing much natural illumination.
* Wooden flooring to this multi-purpose room extends into all the rooms radiating from it.
* The lounge is accessed via double doors and has a window to the rear, looking out over the gardens and grounds and onto Twt Park beyond
* It includes a feature fireplace with over mantle shelf, exposed beams to the ceiling and is open to the pitch of the roof.
* Kitchen/breakfast room is, again, a sizeable space also looking over the grounds to the rear of The Old Grammar School.
* It features a comprehensive range of storage units with granite work surfaces and, recessed within a bespoke alcove, is a Rangemaster 'Toledo' range cooker to remain.
* There is space/plumbing for a dishwasher and a washing machine; fully integrated fridge and freezer are both included in the sale.
* There remains ample room for a large dining table.
* The principal bedroom, like the other rooms, has exposed timber beams and is open to the pitch of the roof. It is a particularly generous double room and has it's own en suite bathroom with Jacuzzi bath and shower over.
* Second guest bedroom is also a good double.
* Shower room includes broad, deep walk-in shower, WC and hand-basin.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * This successful conversion has its own private gardens, portions of which are bordered by the original town walls.
* These were the grounds for the Grammar School, the main section of which is Grade II* listed and dates from 1852.
* All residents have use of these grounds, each property owner contributing to the maintenance of this lovely communal area.
* Apartment no 8 has one designated parking space within the close to the opposite side of Church Street.
* This secure parking areas is accessed via a remote control gated entrance.
TENURE AND SERVICES Leasehold 999 Years from 2007 (984 years remaining).
Ground Rent: To be confirmed; Service Charge To be confirmed.
All mains services connect to the property. Gas-fired central heating. Council Tax: Band G.
DIRECTIONS The Old Grammar School is to the heart of Cowbridge, yards from our Office and within the old Town Walls. This development, in the grounds of the Grade II* Listed former School, is located on Church Street, off High Street.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.