A characterful cottage enjoying quite superb views over open fields and farmland. The significantly extended accommodation must be viewed and includes: living room, principal bedroom en suite, two further double bedrooms and shower room. Kitchen/diner to the rear looking over garden onto fields and farmland beyond. Driveway parking. Long garden to rear. Timber summer house with adjacent deck.
SUMMARY A characterful cottage with to the edge of St. Nicholas Village enjoying quite superb views over open fields and farmland. The significantly extended accommodation must be viewed to be fully appreciated and includes: living room with open fire, principal bedroom with en suite bathroom, two further double bedrooms and shower room/wet room. Kitchen/diner to the rear of the property with double doors opening to the rear garden and looking out towards farmland beyond. Driveway parking. Long garden to rear with fields behind. Timber summer house with shower area to remain.
SITUATION The village of St Nicholas is situated midway between the City of Cardiff and the Historic market town of Cowbridge, and lies on the A48 road which serves The Vale of Glamorgan. St Nicholas has long been regarded as one of the Vale of Glamorgan's most sought after residential areas, amidst gently rolling countryside, yet with convenient access to Cardiff and transport networks. At the nearby Culverhouse Cross there is an out-of-town shopping centre which includes Marks and Spencer, Tesco and other National retail outlets.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * Eastlea is a characterful cottage property understood to date from the early 20th century.
* The accommodation has, over the years, been significantly extended and must be viewed for its size and scope to be appreciated
* Entrance door to the side of the property leads into a L-shaped hallway from which doors lead off to all rooms.
* Looking to the front of the property are two double bedrooms.
* The largest, principal bedroom is to the rear of the property and enjoys southerly views over the rear garden onto fields and farmland. It is a good double with its own, adjacent, en suite bathroom with roll top bath.
* Also to the rear of the property is a kitchen/dining space again looking out in a southerly direction over the garden onto fields and farmland.
* Kitchen are itself contains a good range of units with wood and granite work tops.
* Appliances, where fitted, are to remain and include "Rangemaster" range cooker, fully integrated dishwasher, fridge and freezer.
* There remains ample room for a family sized dining table.
* Double doors lead from the kitchen to a decked area from which steps lead down to the lawned garden beyond.
* Also accessible from the kitchen is the family living room, a sizeable space with, to the far end, an open fire surrounded by brick chimney breast.
* The two double bedrooms to the front of the property both share use of a fully tiled wet room with walk-in shower area, WC and basin.
* There is, in addition, a utility/laundry room including space and plumbing for washing machine and for further appliances/storage.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * From it's frontage on Cowbridge Road / the A48, a drop down kerb leads over a deep grass and pavement verge to a driveway running to the side of the property.
* Driveway continues through a gated entrance which runs along the side of the property offering additional parking if required.
* To the rear of the property is an especially generous, long garden, enjoying a southerly aspect and ideally configured for entertaining.
* From the kitchen, double doors open to a decked area from which steps lead to a large area of lawn bordered, in part, by mature trees, shrubs and borders.
* This, in turn, leads onto a sizeable paved seating area including barbecue / outdoor kitchen area.
* Beyond this is a timber deck adjoining the rear boundary fencing and from which there are quite superb views over open fields and farmland.
* Timber summer house to remain and includes a seating area and, to its rear, a shower room/WC (not inspected - details to be confirmed).
TENURE AND SERVICES Freehold. Mains electric, water and gas connect to the property. Cesspit/soak away drainage. Council tax band: F
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.
DIRECTIONS From our office in Cowbridge Town Centre, travel in an easterly direction along the A48 towards Cardiff. Travel through the village of Bonvilston and into St Nicholas, to find Eastlea to the eastern (Cardiff) end of the village on the righthand side (southern side) of the road.
If approaching from Cardiff, follow the A48 in a westerly direction from Culverhouse Cross. On entering the village, Eastlea will be to your left on the southern side of the road. It is one of the first houses you reach in the village.