Role: Rural Surveyor
Salary: £TBC depending on experience
Location: Cowbridge, Vale of Glamorgan
Job Description: Watts & Morgan is seeking an ambitious, recently qualified or part qualified, Rural Surveyor to join our busy Cowbridge Office. The role offers a varied workload across all disciplines of rural professional work, initially providing assistance to the Head of Department, with the opportunity to build up your own workload and client base.
The role offers a long term opportunity for the right candidate and whereas we consider that a qualified Surveyor is best suited to the role, serious consideration will be given to a part qualified Surveyor with a strong rural background for whom further training and assistance with professional examinations will be provided.
About this role:
The successful candidate will be involved in a broad spectrum of rural professional work to include:
- Valuations of Rural and Residential property for secured loan, taxation, estate planning, dispute purposes.
- Sales and letting of rural property including farms, smallholdings and land.
- Compulsory purchase compensation.
- Compensation claims against Utility Companies
- Preparation of Farm Business Tenancy Agreements, Grazing Licences, etc.
- Renewables including Wind and Solar.
- Rural Planning.
- Livestock auctioneering at seasonal sheep sales
- RICS qualification or training towards RICS qualification.
- CAAV qualification or training towards CAAV qualification.
- A sound working knowledge of all RICS Valuation Standards criteria and relevant RICS Practice Statement/Guidance Notes.
- A strong rural background with a practical understanding of agriculture.
- Good communication skills and confidence in dealing with clients in a professional manner.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- IT capability.
- Full UK Drivers Licence and own transport
To apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter to: Toni Lewis, Partnership Manager, [email protected]