South Wales has been subject to considerable wind and solar farm development in recent years and Watts and Morgan LLP has been involved both in advising landowners and wind/solar farm companies.
If you have been approached by a wind farm company it is important that you seek professional valuation advice to maximise your return and protect your interests.
Valuers fees are often paid by wind and solar Companies and we can advise you on the following points:-
- Professional advice in relation to the terms offered to include Exclusivity agreements and Options to Lease.
- Ensure you are correctly advised in respect of the rights that the wind and solar farm company is seeking.
- Ensure that you know what you are signing, negotiate terms and conditions to protect your short, medium and long term interests.
- Ensure that the financial terms offered are reasonable and in accordance with market rates.
- Make your site available to other wind and solar farm companies which may be prepared to offer improved terms.
- Advice in relation to access and grid connection requirements.
If you are approached by a wind, solar farm company or utility company for rights on or over your land you should seek professional advice to ensure that you are fully compensated. If approached please contact us for a free initial appraisal.